image from NPR.org
Fact is, everyone has to eat. As a Mama of 5, a lot of my time is spent in the kitchen both preparing and cleaning up after meals. The one appliance that I would recommend to any and everyone, is the Instant Pot. It is an electric pressure cooker that has changed my cooking game.
I know a lot of people are intimidated of the pressure cookers because they are leary of burns or even possible explosions. These are not the pressure cookers our grandparents used. They have many safety features to prevent accidents, and the steam can be easily controlled.
The main reasons that I love my pressure cooker are:
- It saves me time in the kitchen. I can literally take frozen chicken out of the freezer, put it in the pot, and have dinner within 45 minutes. No defrosting!! (this has come in very handy since our microwave recently crapped out)
- It’s ONE pot- seriously the less pots and pans I have to wash the better!
- It gives me more time- with the Instant Pot you do not have to just sit there and babysit your dinner; you don’t have to worry about coming back and making sure your pasta has boiled over etc. You literally can put everything in, set it, and come back when it is done.
- I eat out less. You know those hectic days where you just didn’t plan ahead and all of a sudden it is 6p. and you have know idea what you are gonna eat.. (please tell me I’m not the only one this happens to)- here comes your Instant Pot to save the day. You can have an entire meal in less than 15 minutes, for me that is 1/4 of the time it would take me to drive into town and back.
Things I love to make in my Instant Pot:
- Boiled eggs- seriously you guys this has changed my life. With farm fresh eggs it has always been a chore for me to peel the eggs and was so frustrating that I just wouldn’t fuss with them. Now I can put the eggs and water in, and within 15 minutes I have perfectly peeled eggs that I didn’t have to fight. ( I use the 5-5-5 method)
- Copycat Zuppa Toscana Soup from Olive Garden- so good, and can easily be made low carb and keto friendly by using radishes.
- Crack Chicken- chicken, cream cheese, and ranch powder.. its so easy!
- Steamed veggies- seriously everything from radishes to brussel sprouts. So good and a lot under 5 minutes.
If you are on the edge trying to decide whether to invest in this appliance or not, I can honestly say that I am super glad I did. If you have already got one but are afraid to use it, there are a lot of great facebook groups as well as websites that are treasure troves of information. And of course, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have as well!
Happy Wednesday Folks!